Actions under LOT 1 shall:
- Fall within the social sector and aim at supporting social inclusion of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups in community-based settings;
- Demonstrate the commitment of the relevant decision-making institution to ensure the sustainability of the proposed service following the end of the project; this will either take the form of commitments stated in the Local Action Plan or of a Letter of Intent adopted by the Municipal Council. If the applicant is not the Local Self-government, the letter shall clearly indicate the existence of an agreement to provide support to the applicant, once the service is established and running.
- Ensure that the funded service is available to Roma population in general, and in particular to residents of Roma settlements (including through promotional activities carried out within the settlements
- Integrate a system for monitoring the respect of minimum standards in practice (e.g human rights), put under the responsibility of third parties (i.e. civil-society organisations).
Actions under LOT 1 aim at either:
1. FURTHER STRENGTHENING EXISTING SERVICES.
These actions shall:
- Be services for which national minimum standards are already set and the service provider (applicant or co applicant)
- Contribute to increase the number of beneficiaries reached by the service by at least30%. When applicable, the geographical coverage of the served area shall be increased by at least 20%.
- Envisage concrete measures ensuring that the service will sustainably continue to serve the increased number of beneficiaries following the end of the project.
2. ACTIONS AIMED AT ESTABLISHING NEW SERVICES.
These actions shall:
- Establish services already offered elsewhere in Serbia, in line with acknowledged standards as formalized by the MoLEVSA, but which are absent in the target municipality;
- Demonstrate the relevance of the service for the reference area, by planning to reach out to a minimum of 55 % of the targeted beneficiary population;
- Take place preferably in economically depressed municipalities (i.e. falling within category III, IV and depressed municipalities15 based on Regulation on establishing a single list of regional development and local self-government units for 2013.
3. ACTIONS PROPOSING TO DEVELOP INNOVATIVE SERVICES.
These actions shall:
- Develop innovative and cross-sectorial services for which standards still have not been developed for the purpose of providing holistic approaches to improving the quality of life for vulnerable populations.
- Include at least two of the following forms of assistance: home care, psychologic assistance, day care centre, medical assistance, respite service, shelter etc. These shall be based on the establishment of protocols of cooperation involving the different service providers (e.g. local authorities and health care centers; inclusion of health care professionals in service provision; provision of medical patronage and health advisory services; etc.).
- Demonstrate that the proposed service will allow responding to the needs of the target population, while also achieving cost savings compared to corresponding “existing” services.
- Target a total number of individual beneficiaries which is at least the same or higher than the total sum of individual beneficiaries served within each of the corresponding “existing” services.
- Indicate the minimum quality standards
All Actions under LOT 1 shall contribute to the fulfillment of the specific objective of this call,measured by the following indicators:
- 30% increase of beneficiaries of community-based social services;
- 20% increase in community-based social services;
Total EU contribution for 18 supported projects under LOT 1 amounts to EUR € 2,874,848.29 while total available amount initially was set at EUR 2,900,000.00
Project supported under LOT 1:
Palliative care and treatment in the local community
Overall Action Objective: Improving the quality of life of people in the terminal stage and initiating ideas for forming cluster (225,522.73 EUR).
Improving local community based services for people with disabilities in Kovačica
Overall Action Objective: Support the development of the local community based services for youth with disabilities in Kovačica (155,989.56 EUR).
Home Care for a Dignified Old Age
Overall Action Objective: Contribution to promotion of the social inclusion of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups through the provision of sustainable community-based social services at the local level(152,970.54 EUR).
- Municipality of Batočina, Social Service Centre for Batočina, Rača and Lapovo “Šumadija”, Association “Viktorija”, Municipality of Lapovo and Municipality of Rača
Services of support and assistance for the elderly
Overall Action Objective: Improving the quality of life of the elderly on the territory of the above mentioned municipalities (179,399.32 EUR).
- Municipality of Ruma and CSW Ruma
Fostering Social Inclusion of Young Adults with Disabilities
Overall Action Objective: To contribute to improvement of social inclusion and poverty reduction among the young adults (26-40 y.o.) with disabilities in Ruma (197,771.29 EUR).
Improving Social Inclusion of Children and Adults with Disabilities Through Introduction of New Community-Based Service in Irig Municipality
Overall Action Objective: To improve quality of life of children and adults with disabilities and their families by supporting the development of new community-based services in Municipality of Irig (161,218.97 EUR).
- Caritas Serbia, Municipality of Aleksinac, Municipality of Ražanj, Centre for Social Welfare Aleksinac, Centre for Social Welfare Ražanj
SHARE – Sustainable Home Assistance against Rural Exclusion
Overall Action Objective: To improve quality of life of socially vulnerable community members in Aleksinac and Ražanj; To decrease number of referrals for residential placement (119,800.58 EUR).
- NGO “Familia”, Centre for Family Accommodation and Adoption Ćuprija, Centre for Family Accommodation and Adoption Kragujevac, Centre for Family Accommodation and Adoption Niš
Developing the resource center for children with conduct problems and their families
Overall Action Objective: Improving socialization and inclusion of children with conduct problems, through establishing resource center on the issue (129,585.13 EUR).
- Association “Kokoro”, Centre for Social Work Vranje, City Centre for Social Work Belgrade, Centre for Social Work Bor, Association “Nexus – Vranje” and International Aid Network
Change for Good
Overall Action Objective: To contribute to social inclusion and poverty reduction of children and youth with behaviour problems through implementation of the Serbian Social Welfare Law and Social Welfare Development Strategy (180,907.07 EUR).
- Union Organization of Serbia involved in the protection of people living with HIV/AIDS, Association “Sunce”, Association “Više od pomoci – AID +”,Association “Žena +”, Association “Stav +”, Association “Crvena linija”, Association “Centar AS” and Association “Nova +”
Towards standardization of community based social services provision for PLHIV in Serbia
Overall Action Objective: To provide standardized community based cross-sectoral social service to PLHIV in target cities (168,304.75 EUR).
- Municipality of Stara Pazova, “Anton Skala” School for Primary and Secondary Education and School for Elementary and Secondary Education “Milan Petrović”
Development of innovative community based social service for vulnerable groups in StaraPazova
Overall Action Objective: To contribute to improvement of quality of life of vulnerable groups in StaraPazova (198,087.46 EUR).
Drop-In Shelter for Street-Involved Children in Belgrade
Overall Action Objective: Strengthen protection and actively support the social inclusion of the most vulnerable and excluded children through expanding the provision of the Drop-In Service for children that live or work on the streets in the city of Belgrade, focusing on 10 municipalities in the city of Belgrade (189,805.95 EUR).
- Caritas Valjevo, Municipality of Lajkovac, Municipality of Ljig, Centre for Social Welfare “Solidarnost” Ljig and Municipality of Mionica
Towards more solidarity for elderly – Kolubara district cluster for home care
Overall Action Objective: Ensuring sustainability of elderly care in targeted municipalities in order to decrease demand for acute and long term institutionalization (127,041.78 EUR).
- Municipality of Bela Palanka and Centre for Social Work “Branko Milovanović – Ciga” Bela Palanka
Good deeds for remote villages
Overall Action Objective: To improve status of elderly people and Roma population through creation of conditions and opportunities for their social inclusion and poverty reduction (162,564.43 EUR).
- City of Valjevo, Caritas Valjevo, Valjevo Society for Cerebral Paralysis and Centre for Social and Economic Development
Development of sustainable community services in Western Serbia
Overall Action Objective: Development of sustainable community services in Western Serbia (123,974.46 EUR).
- Municipality of Bajina Bašta, Centre for Social Work Bajina Bašta and Association of Children With Disabilities and Their Parents Bajina Bašta
“I have a dream…”
Overall Action Objective: Social inclusion of all vulnerable groups in municipality of BajinaBašta (185,526.11 EUR).
- Association “Prevent”, Provincial Institute of Social Welfare, Novi Sad Humanitarian Centre and “Rozkoš bez rizika”
Community-based services for sex workers in Novi Sad
Overall Action Objective: Contribute to development of social welfare system, which has higher level of social inclusion, better health care and reduced stigmatization and discrimination of sex workers, who belong to one of the hardest to reach marginalized groups (110,764.04 EUR).
- Association “Duga”, Municipality Of Ada, Municipality of Pećinci, Municipality of Sremska Mitrovica and Municipality of Ruma
Increasing efficiency of social service through intermunicipal cooperation and promotion of activation (labour engagement) of vulnerable groups on the local level
Overall Action Objective: To promote the efficient use of resources through partnering of different stakeholders involved in the provision of support to vulnerable groups (105,614.12 EUR).